Sunday 29th March 2020 - Full Day
Coaching Leading on Single Pitch Crags
A day exploring methods for the appropriate introduction of climbers to leading on single pitch venues. With a focus on taking individuals on a learning journey to become independent climbers, through progressive coaching of the skills/tactics required, which match their specific needs.
Topics to be covered include:
• Decision Making for the instructor
• Developing decision making for the climber/s
• Wants / Needs of the climber/s
• What are we aiming for/what does an independent lead climber look like?
• TTPP (Technical, Tactical, Physiological, Psychological)
• Basic building blocks – movement skills, placing of gear
• Progressive application of building belays.
• Risk management
• Methods of safeguarding leaders as they put this all together
• Methods of safeguarding yourself
Basically taking the skillset of a Mountaineering Instructor, blending them with the skillset of a Development Coach and adding in what we are teaching to Rock Climbing Development Instructors.
Normal Climbing equipment plus equipment that you use for safe guarding yourself on a fixed line.