Short Roping Workshop
Andy Teasdale BMG firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet at Ogwen Cottage at 8.45am
£60 per person
1 cpd point
This workshop is for full members of AMI and will look at the skills and techniques useful for short roping clients and moving through mountain scrambling terrain.
The day will look at;
· Taking body coils and tying off.
· Tying on clients and distances apart.
· Carry hand coils and changing direction smoothly and safely.
· Looking at what loads you can realistically hold.
· Suitable short roping ground and moving safely and efficiently through it.
· Looking at “alternative” belays and safeguarding methods. Ie, outside the box a little!!
· Moving uphill and downhill techniques.
· Teaching short roping to suitable clients
· Differences between summer rock and winter short roping.
Bring your usual scrambling equipment, ie, a basic rack and a 40 – 50m rope. Lunch, drink and clothing appropriate for an October day in Snowdonia.
Please book and pay Andy directly . Details to follow on enquiry or booking.
Please book by the 10th October.