Saturday 28th March 2020 - Full Day
Coaching Leading on Single Pitch Crags
A day exploring methods for the appropriate introduction of climbers to leading on single pitch venues. With a focus on taking individuals on a learning journey to become independent climbers, through progressive coaching of the skills/tactics required, which match their specific needs.
Topics to be covered include:
• Decision making for the instructor.
• Developing decision making for the climber/s.
• Wants / Needs of the climber/s.
• What are we aiming for/what does an independent lead climber look like?
• TTPP (Technical, Tactical, Physiological, Psychological).
• Basic building blocks – movement skills, placing of gear.
• Progressive application of building belays.
• Risk management.
• Methods of safeguarding leaders as they put this all together.
• Methods of safeguarding yourself.
Basically taking the skill set of a Mountaineering Instructor, blending them with the skill set of a Development Coach and adding in what we are teaching to Rock Climbing Development Instructors
Normal Climbing equipment plus equipment that you use for safe guarding yourself on a fixed line.