This is a one day short-roping refresher workshop for full AMI Members delivered by highly experienced British Mountain Guide, Adrian Nelhams.
The workshop will cover elements of:
- Outlining short roping/short pitching as a technique used to manage client(s) efficiently and safely over moderate broken ground in summer conditions
- Taking coils, rope lengths
- Body position and rope management
- Client(s) management/communication/transparent guiding
- Judgement of the terrain & decision making
- Understanding the mechanics that underpin both short roping and short pitching
- Transitioning between the different techniques
- Movement and safety in ascent and also descent
- Crag awareness and general safety
- Adapting the different techniques with confident and able clients
- Teaching Short roping.
The venue is Raven Crag, Yewdale, just outside Coniston. More details re. meeting time/place nearer the day.
Adrian Nelhams is a highly experienced Mountain Guide who climbs and guides worldwide, and when in the UK, lives in the Lakes. He is also trainer and assessor on the BMG Guides Training Scheme.
Cost for the workshop is £40 per person. Please contact Adrian direct to book a place: email@example.com (You'll need your AMI number)
The workshop is worth 1 CPD point.